If you use an android device, you might need to connect laptop or computer with your phone. Perhaps you want to extract files to clear up space on your device, extract some important data, or backup your images and movies. Another option would be to check phone calls and texts or control your mobile phones remotely. There are a number of ways to connecting an Android to a laptop.
Table of Contents
Different Ways to connect
Although a USB cable is the most popular method, there are several wireless options that will perform just as well and frequently provide a speedier connection. Additionally, you can wirelessly transfer files from an Android phones to a Windows laptop by connecting them. You can accomplish this via Bluetooth or a third-party app like AirDrop, etc.
1. Connect an Android phone to a laptop With USB
A USB charging wire that connects the charger end to the USB end of the cable is typically included with Android devices. The USB end of the charger can be plugged into your laptop to establish a connection if the USB end is unplugged from the charger. It’s simple to connect your Android to your laptop with a USB cord, but you can only move files back and forth. This connection cannot be used to remotely control an Android device like HOT 12 Play etc.
However, these are the methods for connecting an Android to a laptop without a connection if you don’t have your USB cord with you or would rather use a wireless alternative: link an Android device without a USB connection to a laptop.
2. Connect an Android to a laptop With Bluetooth:
The majority of current computers come with Bluetooth. From your Android device, you can transmit files using Bluetooth. Bluetooth is a great choice if you merely need a connection to transfer files because it doesn’t require wires and the transfers are quick and simple.
Make sure Bluetooth is turned on for both your Android device and your laptop. When it is, the computer will appear on your Android as a device that is ready to pair with.
- To pair with this device, tap it.
- Right-click the Bluetooth icon in the taskbar on your laptop once you’re connected.
- Choose Send a File and Receive a File.
3. Connect an Android to a laptop With AirDroid Personal:
The most widely used app for connecting mobile phones to a laptop or computer is AirDroid. This well-known program connects your laptop and Android phone device to your home network so that you may transfer data. An impressive program is AirDroid, which not only lets you transfer files to and from your Android mobile phones but also has a variety of remote control options.
Some capabilities, including the ability to manage your Android mobile phone screen from a distance, need root access. Additionally, if you don’t buy the Premium subscription, some functionality is deactivated.
- Download AirDroid Personal & Create AirDroid Account.
- Click the “Download Now” button to install AirDroid Personal on your phones and laptop.
- Activate the features you want to utilize by opening the app. If this is your first time using AirDroid, you might need to establish a new account.
- Connect mobile device to laptop
- Setup AirDroid Personal.
- Start controlling your mobile phone from laptop.
4. Connect an Android to a laptop With SHAREit
A good cross-platform sharing app for Android is SHAREit by Lenovo. With speeds of up to 20 MB/s, or 200 times quicker than Bluetooth, it claims to be the world’s fastest sharing app.
- Install its application for Windows or macOS,
- Contrary to many other file sharing apps in the Play Store, share files between an Android smartphone device and a laptop or computer.
In contrast to the tools mentioned above, it does not support receiving calls or notifications.
5. Connect an Android to a laptop With Microsoft’s Your Phone App
Microsoft has just released a new app for Windows 10 people called Your Phone that makes connecting to your Android mobile phone device simple. A new service offered by Microsoft called Your Phone allows you to access the files, texts, & notifications on your phone over the cloud.
When you’ve left your phone at home, the Your Phone app is the best option. You may still view any mails and notifications on your laptop that you might have otherwise missed. Install the Microsoft Your Phone app from Google Play onto your Android smartphone.
- On your laptop, open the Your Phone software and choose Android mobile phones as the phone type you want to connect to. Then click get going.
- Your Android phone and laptop will communicate.
- To view all recently received notifications on your Android mobile, select Notifications.
6. Connect an Android to a laptop With TeamViewer Host
The unique and potent TeamViewer Host utility allows you to control or mirror Android mobile phones from Windows or macOS. Thanks to its characteristics, it works incredibly well for remotely controlling your Android from any location. Contrary to other platforms, it does not support making calls, sending messages, or replying without mirroring. You can check now install TeamViewer from Google Play store and control your Laptop or Desktop.
Hope you understand how to connect your laptop or desktop and control it from your Android phone. You can easily control your laptop from any location in the world through the above software. These softwares are easy to use and secure.